Yeah yeah we are big now, we go to kindergarten. At 2 years and 2 month i thought that my boy would benefit from the environment and from the company of other children.
I am really pleased and happy to say that he likes it and he starts to repeat things, words, and imitate us more often. So in our case kindergarten is a success. Altogether he goes only 3 hours a day.
So here’s my list about why i think that kindergarten is useful even for kids who may be on the spectrum.
- He meets other kids, he is forced to socialize for a few hours a day.
- He has to participate in common activities like singing or group play.
- He learns how to eat alone, hopefully, with time.
- He is encouraged to imitate, and for us this was a big step. He tries to show us at home what he learned in kindergarten.
- I can see him curious about everything.
And this is only after 2 weeks. I hope that in the future i will have even more advantages to write about.